Promoting the Serbian community in Britain
In the future The Serbian Council of Great Britain will attach a higher priority to encouraging a greater understanding and appreciation of the Serbian community in Britain and promoting its interests with representatives of governmental and non-governmental institutions and the general public in Britain. It will do this by:
- Developing a strategy which will result in a better understanding of the Serbian community in Britain and the positive contribution it makes to wider British society to develop an environment in which the interests of the community can be pursued;
- Working independently or with other Serbian diaspora organisations in Britain and the Serbian Embassy to implement this strategy;
- Developing positive relationships with individuals, organisations and institutions in Britain with influence over the interests of the Serbian community in Britain;
- Organising events aimed at raising the profile of the Serbian community in Britain with the wider British public;
- Campaigning and lobbying on general and particular issues of importance to the Serbian community in Britain and Serbia.